04 October 2012

eep.

sunday is race day.

eep.

but...the weather is supposed to be gorgeous.


perfect race weather if you ask me. and since you are reading this then i am going to pretend that you asked.


i am a bit nervous about this race because i was sick for a bit during training and because i got my first email about packet pickup....yesterday. yep yesterday. okay maybe it was monday and it was in my spam folder, but still. cutting it a bit close if you ask me.

running has actually been going really well lately, so i am excited to race it and not be super worried about the actual running aspect.

i know i can run 13.1 miles. i've done it before, 4 times to be exact. i am going into this course blind. i like it better that way. no scary hill pre-knowledge.

yes this probably isn't the best approach, but that's neither here nor there for to me. i like running just to run.

when i run the full in december i will probably make dad drive the entire course with me, while i rock nervously in the front seat. sounds like a good combo. 26.2 miles is a long way dude, give me a break.

i also get ridiculously nervous before races. even 5ks. don't ask. same thing when i have to take a test, call someone on the phone....awesome opossum.

source

2 comments:

  1. pray to st. fleet feet...always works for me.
    you'll do great, excited to hear about it.
    and ill drive you on the stj course. actually, i can rattle it off by memory. mile 18 in particular bc that one took me 87 hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woohoo.

      st. fleet feet it is.

      many pre thanks for driving me around the course in december...

      Delete