but if you want an honest answer, then you may have come to the right place.
if you want to know how i trained for a marathon then you are definitely in the right place.
let's start off with defining training.
january we started off strong. which led into february where we fell apart.
i ran a total sum of 14 miles in february. PATHETIC.
but like i said, life got in the way.
things like this:
|running in shorts in february|
|funfetti dip for the WIN (i mean super bowl)|
|that face playing in the snow|
|a little trip to the great state of mississippi|
|making some badass tables|
|having the best boss ever|
|a visit from this face|
|crazy sky in north georgia|
|being a good blogger and never blogging but taking pictures of my yogurt stash|
|SAMUEL L DOGSON|
here is me winging it:
friday (ahem today):
- pick up race packet
- get made fun of for getting the men's shirt. whatever the women's are cut weird and i don't like em.
- panic because you remember you left your brand new shoes at the shop - 2.5 hours away.
- buy new shoes! really, really purple shoes...
- run 5K (oh yea, this is a tradition apparently now. just go with it. it's not because i am an idiot)
- keg's and egg's. because after all it is st. patty's day and day drinking is a must.
- most likely drink one more beer than necessary
- crap out at about 8.
- chug some water and pray
- wake up at ASS crack of dawn.
- scarf down whatever food there is that can be consumed with peanut butter
- get in car
- ride to marta
- ride with your other sleepy enemies, i mean runner friends, and zombie walk to corrals
- have a little race day panic party
- run a race
and mainly just remember this because it's hilarious. here are some tidbits...
all very helpful. and all eerily true.
here's to being dumb and attempting a round two battle royale with 26.2